Thursday, March 21, 2013

a series of unfortunate events


I almost never use my big double stroller because it is heavy and a pain on many levels but lately I have wanted it because carrying Eitan around for 2 hour walks is starting to affect my back.

(Long sentence)

It took me over 30 minutes yesterday to get out of the house and set up in the big stroller.  Then I'm like, why is it so hard to push this thing?  And I go about half a block before I realize that one of the tires is destroyed.  I mean it just is completely pulled apart somehow.

Then I had to go back to the house, unload, and get together the single snap-n-go and put Eitan on my chest in the moby and go back out.  I was meeting someone and also I wanted them to nap on the walk because I thought they were having a bad day due to lack of napping.

Ugh but that wasn't the right kind of walk.  And I was tired.  And instead of going home, I went to a friend's house, which (though fun) was even more tiring.  I should have gone home.

And Eitan's cough was getting more significant.

Last night nobody slept well.  Eitan was up off and on all night because of his nose.  Noa was tossing and turning.  And because Eitan was up, Ilan and I were both up (Ilan was trying not to wake me but I wake up anyway sometimes... and then I thought that 4am was a good time to do some online shopping for a replacement tire for the stroller).

And this morning I made a doctor's appointment for him because this cough has been lingering for weeks now and it is getting worse.  And I thought I heard wheezing.  It was worth checking out anyway.

Then I tried to go on another walk for napping (harder to do lately with the snap-n-go and the carrier combo) but the babies were so unhappy and I ended up going home early and trying to get them to nap in their cribs (unsuccessful).  Wished I had my big stroller.

Then I packed them up and went to the doctor's.  They napped during the HOUR long wait.  I don't really understand when pediatricians have such long waits.  I do have to say they scheduled me in at the last minute and accommodated a last minute change due to the babies' nap / temperament schedule for the afternoon.  But still.  Waiting an hour.

I thought the appointment would be in and out.

Nope.

An hour long.

Because ... dun dun dun DUNNNN... Eitan has bronchiolitis.  And he screamed for the whole nebulizer treatment, which was at least 10 minutes but felt like an eternity.  And then there was the saga with getting our own nebulizer, though thankfully Ilan took care of that.

By the end of today I couldn't read the instructions to the nebulizer.  It's not that complicated but I was afraid of messing it up, and I couldn't focus on the words.  And my chest is so tight and my shoulders are basically touching my earlobes and both babies are crying and Eitan needs his nebulizer treatment before he goes to bed AND AND AND.

Ilan held Noa so she would be calm, and I held Eitan in the glider while I gave him the nebulizer treatment.  And we sang the extra-long version of "the green grass grows" song for most of the treatment, keeping everyone calm.  And then Noa went to bed, and Eitan fell asleep during the treatment, and then I put him to sleep in his rocking chair /recliner thingie in the nursery to keep him at an angle so his sinuses will drain. And they've both woken up a couple of times already but hopefully will settle down for the night.

Marathon days.  I don't understand how I can't lose weight when I am running around like this and I don't generally soothe myself with junk food.  But whatever.

Sometime very soon I am going to bed and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day, filled with nebulizer smoke and crying babies and extra bottles (for the hydration) and hopefully, hopefully a little music.

No comments:

Post a Comment